Thomas Property Success Stories
AN AWESOME AUCTION - 89 Clarendon Road, Stanmore
We met brother and sister duo Nino and Adriana in March 2016 when they started looking to sell their family home for over 45 years. The deceased estate was an emotional situation for all involved and the family made a formative decision based on our services as we were honest with our price guide, level of professionalism, our diligence in following up and our advice and were happy to appoint us because they knew they were in safe hands.
We discussed a variety of selling strategies and decided auction would be the most effective means of achieving the highest price. In order to enhance the emotional appeal of the property with buyers we recommended highlighting the potential of the property through cosmetic or structural renovation. Our team of builders, architects were able to provide their services by providing concept plans and project budget for the astute buyer.
We launched a comprehensive digital marketing and social media campaign culminating in an on-site auction on Saturday, 4 June 2016.
Our captive marketing generated strong interest and 122 groups of people attended the open-house inspections. On auction day, 8 parties registered to bid; there were 5 active bidders including builders, renovators and young couples. The auction was strong and swift before the hammer fell on a final bid of $1,450,000 – $120,000 above the reserve price. The vendors were thrilled for the price far exceeded all expectations and can't wait to see the property transform into a masterpiece. The buyer was ecstatic to be able to purchase a property in Stanmore for their future family home.
A GREAT RETURN ON INVESTMENT - 108/266 Pitt Street, Waterloo
- Investor - After deciding that an investment strategy to purchase a cashflow property was a better option to help them achieve their long term goal (rather than compromising by buying the 'wrong' property), searching commenced in a high performing proximity to the city fringe.
- Negotiated price: Offers were taken at a silent Auction. Advised clients to put in a strong above market offer to help secure property. This strategy helped to edge out the competition by a few hundred dollars
- Secured: within budget and in desired location with a rent appraisal at $550 per week (6% yield)
- Settlement outcome: All repairs were attended to by the vendor, due to the strict contract clauses we used
- Client testimonial: From the beginning Dale was approachable and he constantly kept us informed about the process. His customer service, professionalism and property knowledge are outstanding...Regardless of you having limited knowledge about the property market or you having experience if you want to increase your portfolio, Dale has something valuable to offer. His services are excellent and we highly recommend Thomas Property!